Assessments for Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
ICAS is an approved provider of credential assessment services for individuals applying for registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). BCCNM has very specific requirements, therefore, it is imperative that you review the information on this page.
New ICAS Applicants
Please save or print this page and refer to it when you are completing your on-line application.
BCCNM requires that you select the following services:
- General Assessment Report ($120)
- Electronic Copy of the Assessment Report to a third party (please list BCCNM as the designated recipient and provide the address email@example.com) ($30)
BCCNM will ONLY accept your Assessment Report if it is prepared on the basis of official documents. Official documents are those submitted directly to ICAS by the authority/institution which awarded your nursing credential(s). Although some types of ICAS Assessment Reports can be prepared on the basis of original documents, please note that BCCNM will ONLY accept the report if prepared on the basis of official documents. Original documents and photocopies will not be accepted in place of official documents.
Application Procedures and Required Documents
- Save or print this page.
- Review the documents we require. Note: Although some types of ICAS Assessment Reports can be prepared on the basis of original documents, please note that BCCNM will ONLY accept the report if prepared on the basis of official documents.
- Click “Apply Now” located below.
- Complete the online application form (credit card payment required). Note: When completing the online application form, please be sure to select the General Assessment Report, as well as indicate that the report is required for the BC College of Nurses and Midwives. Additionally, please be sure to select and pay for an electronic copy of the report to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print your confirmation e-mail. This e-mail contains a form that you must sign and send to ICAS with the copies of your education documents. Please note that document submission form must be hand signed by you, the applicant.
- Contact the authority/institution which awarded your nursing qualification(s) and request to have official documents sent directly to ICAS.
Existing ICAS Applicants
If you have already received an ICAS Assessment Report for immigration purposes, you may request that this report be sent directly to BCCNM ($30).
If your file is more than two years old, a file reactivation fee also applies ($25).
Upon submission of your request, ICAS will review the documents previously submitted to our office to ensure that they meet BCCNM’s documentation requirements. If additional documentation is required, you will be contacted by e-mail.
Application Procedure for Existing ICAS Applicants with an Assessment Report for Immigration Purposes
- Save or print this page.
- Print and complete the ICAS Upgrade Package. Note: When completing the form, please be sure to select and pay for an electronic copy of the report to be sent to email@example.com.
- Submit the completed ICAS Upgrade Package to ICAS by mail, courier, or email. To submit by email, please refer to the submission instructions provided on the upgrade form. The on-line application form is for new applicants only and cannot be used to update an existing report or add services.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before sending ICAS an e-mail.
ICAS values your privacy. We are not able to provide information about an application or assessment to any third party without your signed, written consent. If you would like to authorize ICAS to discuss your file with someone else, please provide a signed, written letter with your application or documents.