News and Information
ICAS has been designated by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism to provide educational credential assessments for individuals applying for immigration to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW). ICAS has a separate application process for FSW applicants. Please click here to learn more.
Our current processing time for applicants (not including FSW applicants) is approximately 6 weeks. Actual processing time depends on the volume of applications received on a given day and the nature of the qualifications submitted for assessment. Rush services are not available at this time. In most cases, a General Assessment Report is completed and sent more quickly than any other type of Assessment Report.
ICAS Assessment Reports, information and training services can improve your effectiveness if:
- your organization provides counselling services for new-Canadians
- your school receives students from outside Canada who must be quickly placed in the appropriate grade
- your institution receives applications from international students or from Canadian students educated internationally
- your organization will benefit by considering applications for employment from those who have received education and/or training outside Canada
- your organization assists individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada